How to make a success of your website – the Do’s and Dont’s
Choosing a Designer :
1. Don’t choose a website company where you have to go through switchboards and salesmen. If you have problems or queries it’s important that you can pick up the phone and talk directly to your web designer to sort them out quickly.
2. Do choose a designer who can offer a personal service. They will be accustomed to talking directly with small business owners unlike a larger company where the designers are geeks who have no idea of how a small business works and have never heard of profit and loss.
3. Don’t choose a large business just because you’ve heard of it – your costs will be higher because they will have many overheads. A smaller local business is often better when it comes to both pricing and service.
4. Do choose a designer who is keen to help you promote your business. Getting established on Google is a number one priority and for a local business, local promotion on the Internet is a must.
5. Watch out for ‘here today, gone tomorrow ‘ merchants who don’t really care about your business and just want the quick fee. You need someone experienced who takes a genuine interest in your business, is keen to help it grow and cares about your bottom line. Check out their testimonials and existing customers.
6. If possible, choose a designer who has experience in different businesses – they will understand your needs much better and you will be much more likely to ‘connect’.
7. Choose a designer who uses up to date software and server technology – they should be able to provide a good range of services.
For a Website designer in Stockport I recommend Home …